Ever since middle school, I have been a lover of quotes, proverbs, and positive words of any kind. I remember being in 8th grade writing them on my mirrored closet doors in lipstick. I would go to bed looking at them and wake up looking at them. They made me feel strong, powerful, and invincible at a time in my life when I wasn’t. Let’s face it, middle school can be rough. On top of that, we moved, and I switched schools for 8th grade. Also, my mom and dad got divorced, and my mom was diagnosed as cancer. To say it was a difficult, sucky time is an understatement, so focusing on positive things and words helped me get through it.
This love of positive words and surrounding myself with them continued into high school. For the holidays one year, I even bought each one of my close friends a journal and wrote a quote that reminded me of each of them.
Now as an adult I still love quotes, positive words, and affirmations. In my newly finished office, an entire back wall is slowly being filled with them. One of my current forms of self-care is reciting a daily affirmation in the mirror every morning. I recite the affirmation repeatedly until it either feels like a part of me or like it has become an undeniable truth. This practice brings me the peace, positivity, and strength to start my days. I love it!
Daily affirmations are simple, positive statements or empowering mantras. They help me to overcome negative thoughts and self-talks and stop me before my self-sabotaging can begin. Daily affirmations are to the mind what exercise is to the body!
There are three keys to creating your own affirmations. They are always in the present tense, they include positive words, and they are always said as fact and truth.
My List of Favorite Affirmations
- I am attracting joy into my life.
- I am confidently expressing myself openly and honestly.
- I am feeling exhilarated, agile, and alive.
- I am effectively communicating my needs and desires to my loving partner.
- I am feeling relaxed and grateful.
- I know, accept, and am true to myself.
- I learn from my mistakes.
- I accept others for who they are.
- I commit to learning new things.
- I endeavor to be the best that I can be.
- I have inner peace.
- Each day I am moving towards my goals.
- I radiate love, and others reflect love back to me.
- Life is full of love, and I find it everywhere I go.
- My words are always kind and loving, and in return, I hear kindness and love from others.
- Everything about me is lovable and worthy of love.
- I wake up every morning filled with joy, because I know that I face each day with the support and love of my partner.
- All of my relationships are healthy, because they are based in love and compassion.
- My body is filled with healing energy every time I inhale.
- I radiate confidence and others respect me.
- I am filled with love, hope, and confidence.
- I am grateful for the life force and energy that runs through my body.
- Everything I think, say, and do makes me healthier.
- I feel safe and comfortable in my body and life.
- I wake up happy and excited every single day.
- Each day of my life is filled with joy and love.
- I crave new healthy experiences.
- I easily accomplish all my goals.
- I instantly manifest my desires.
- My life is full of magic and serendipity.
- I see beauty in everything.
- My environment is calm and supportive.
- I am surrounded by peaceful people.
This Suburban Goddess Mom wakes up every morning and spends a few minutes with myself and my mantras in the bathroom mirror. What a way to start the day!